We love to show off our school and it is our goal to make your visit informational and fun! We are happy to help you determine if First Steps Academy is the right school for your family.
To Schedule A Tour:
- We give tours all day long and can schedule them at your convenience.
- The General Daily Schedule below can help you determine the time of day you may find most interesting to visit.
- Call the school at 703-821-6663 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate an appointment with one of our directors.
General Daily Schedule:
We find most parents are interested in seeing the Academic part of the day which runs from 9:00am to noon, however, we are happy to accommodate your scheduling needs and interests.
- 6:30am – 9:00am: Morning Activities, Free Play, Drop-off
- 9:00am – 4:00: Academic Period, Lunch, Recess, Nap Time
- 4:00pm – 6:15pm: Afternoon Activities, Free Play, Recess, Pickup
What To Expect During Your Tour
A typical tour lasts between 30 – 60 minutes depending on how many questions you have and how long you would like to observe the school. We would love to meet your child and any friends or family you would like to bring along. After an initial sit down time to learn more about your needs, answer any questions you might have and introduce you to the school, we will take a walk around the facility and explore how the school operates. At the end of the tour we will provide you with materials you can take home and read at your convenience.
Many parents like to observe how their children will adapt to a classroom setting or observe class activities for an extended period of time. We are happy to arrange for your child (and/or you) to participate in the classroom activities as part of your initial tour or as a separate follow-up tour. When you contact us for an appointment, just let the school representative know that you would like to setup a “play date.”
After the Tour
Once you decide to make First Steps Academy your school, the next step will be enroll or join the waitlist. Additionally,
- If you want to enroll now, and we have availability, you will be asked to submit the initial tuition, deposit and fees to secure your spot and complete the enrollment paperwork (shot records, authorization for us to give medication, birth certificates, etc…).
- If you want to lock in a spot on our waitlist and enroll at a future date, you will just need to pay an associated $75 waitlist fee. We will contact you 30 days prior to your desired enrollment date to find out your current needs and enrollment plans.
Many families choose to enroll or join our waitlist on the day of the tour, while others have more schools to visit before making a final decision. Whatever your needs are, we are here to help your family have a great experience at First Steps Academy.