From birth, infants are marvelous learners who enjoy investigating the sights, sounds and flavors around them. Our teachers are trained to respond quickly and appropriately to your baby’s needs, while providing stimulating activities to enhance their physical, cognitive and emotional development. Specific areas of focus include:
- Ensuring that all health, safety and comfort needs are met;
- Building trust in the environment;
- Forming bonds with caregivers;
- Encouraging physical exploration;
- Developing gross motor skills (crawling, walking, etc.); and
- Promoting awareness of faces, objects, sounds and smells.
Our infant program is designed to optimize the vast learning ability of infants in a safe and loving environment. Children enjoy new opportunities to learn about themselves and the surrounding world, including:
- Story times when teachers read books to children individually and as a group;
- Arts, Crafts and Explorations period gives opportunities to investigate different materials (paints, objects, foods, etc.), especially once your baby begins sitting up;
- Buggy rides introduce the world outside the classroom twice per day;
- Exercise periods aid muscle development;
- Feeding time nourishes your baby’s growing body and mind;
- Music time delights your infant’s sense of sound as teachers sing songs with the children; and
- Picture book time helps your infant to start recognizing objects and patterns.
We recognize the great trust it requires to place your child in the care of another person. To help provide your family the best possible experience:
- Teachers use the Tadpoles App as the primary method of communication to keep you informed on the important details of your child’s day;
- All classrooms are equipped with phones, and parents are encouraged to check in any time they need; and
- Teachers will notify you of any health issues or significant changes in your child’s mood or behavior, so that you can plan appropriately.
There is a lead-qualified teacher in every classroom. These instructors have either a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, a Child Development Associate’s degree or an equivalent certification. Each lead teacher is supported by an assistant who helps provide care and instruction throughout the day. We select teachers capable of establishing a safe, creative and inspiring learning environment for every student.
Details & Logistics
Parents are responsible for providing their own formula or frozen breast milk along with empty, labeled bottles so that our teachers are well-equipped to prepare fresh bottles for your child throughout the day. Parents also provide stocks of diapers, wipes, ointment, extra clothes, blankets or anything else your child may need on a regular basis. Diapers are changed as needed.